Founded in 1879, St. Louis Children’s Hospital is one of the premier pediatric hospitals in the United States.
St. Louis Children’s HospitalEach year over 300,000 children from the St. Louis region, the nation and the world come to Children’s Hospital for leading edge care and treatment. Washington University physicians are the medical staff of St. Louis Children’s Hospital.
Nice to Know
- U.S.News & World Report consistently includes St. Louis Children’s Hospital on its list of America’s Best Children’s Hospitals.
- St. Louis Children’s Hospital is designated as a Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program®, which recognizes excellence in nursing. Only 2% of Magnet hospitals have received designation.
- Largest center in the world for selective dorsal rhizotomy, a neurosurgical procedure to reduce spastic cerebral palsy in the legs and improve movement.
- Has active transplant programs for heart, liver, kidney, lung and bone marrow and performed 80 pediatric transplants in 2013. It is one of the top pediatric transplant centers in the country.
St. Louis Children’s Hospital is recognized nationally as a leader in pediatric medicine, performing the latest procedures, developing new therapies and continually increasing our understanding of child health. Key programs include:
- Cardiology & Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Diabetes & Endocrinology
- Newborn Medicine
- Neurology & Neurosurgery
- Otolaryngology (ear, nose and throat)
- Pediatric Surgery
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Transplantation (lung, heart-lung, heart, liver, kidney and bone marrow)
St. Louis Children’s Hospital is located at One Children’s Place, St. Louis, MO 63110, in the Central West End across from historic Forest Park.
Parking is available in in the visitor parking garage at the intersection of Kingshighway Blvd. and Children’s Place. To access the garage, turn east on Children’s Place from Kingshighway and make an immediate right into the garage. The garage is connected to the hospital via an enclosed walkway.