Are you Medicare eligible?
This federal government program is designed for all Americans over age 65, regardless of income. Younger patients with disabilities may also be eligible. You can sign up for traditional Medicare Part B, where the government pays for physicians services directly or you can sign up for one of several private Medicare Advantage plans administered by private insurers that pays for your medical treatment. You can renew your coverage in the traditional Medicare Part B or Medicare Advantage Plan during open enrollment (or change periods) or you can switch plans during open enrollment.
Washington University Physicians participate in the following Medicare options including Traditional Medicare Part B and the listed Advantage Plans below; however, we recommend that you verify with the plan’s customer service representative that your Washington University provider is in its provider network prior to your appointment.
Medicare – Medicare Part B (called traditional Medicare) is managed by the government agency called Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services or CMS. This plan issues a red, white and blue enrollment card. For information or to enroll call 800-633-4227.
Aetna Medicare Advantage Plans (excludes Medicare Prime HMO POS and Medicare Unity Point Health Prime HMO)
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Missouri
CoxHealth Medicare Plus
Essence Health Care Advantage Plans – NOTE: WashU specialists only. Primary Care Physicians are excluded.
314-209-2700 or 866-597-9560
Essence-CoxHealth Medicare Plus
Health Alliance Advantage Plans (includes MMAI Medicare/Medicaid)
Humana Advantage Plans
United Healthcare Medicare Solutions Advantage Plans (800-607-2877):
- AARP or UnitedHealthcare Medicare Solutions MedicareComplete Choice PPO, UnitedHealthcare Group Medicare Advantage NPPO and UnitedHealthcare Group Medicare Advantage PPO and Care Improvement Plus.
- AARP or UnitedHealthcare Medicare Solutions Medicare Complete HMO
- AARP or UnitedHealthcare Solutions Medicare Complete Essential HMO
- AARP or UnitedHealthcare MedicareComplete Plus Plan 1 POS
- UnitedHealthcare Dual Complete (Special Needs Plan)