Washington University pediatric specialists are committed to improving the health of children and adolescents from birth to age 21 through research and excellence in patient care. Our specialists are internationally recognized for treatment of diseases such as cystic fibrosis, diabetes, growth disorders, childhood cancer, hypertension, asthma and newborn diseases, as well as many other conditions. For non-emergent care when your pediatrician’s office is closed visit Children’s After Hours. Some services available at our Illinois location in Shiloh.
- Adolescent Medicine
- Behavioral and Developmental Pediatrics
- Pediatric Allergy and Pulmonary Medicine
- Pediatric Cancer (Hematology/Oncology)
- Pediatric Cardiology
- Pediatric Complex Care
- Pediatric Dermatology
- Pediatric Ear, Nose and Throat
- Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes
- Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
- Pediatric Genetics
- Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
- Pediatric Infectious Diseases
- Pediatric Nephrology
- Pediatric Neurology
- Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Pediatric Ophthalmology
- Pediatric Orthopedics
- Pediatric Primary Care
- Pediatric Psychiatry
- Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine
- Pediatric Rheumatology/Immunology
- Pediatric Surgery
- Pediatric Urology
- Transgender Center
St. Louis Children’s Hospital
- Founded in 1879, St. Louis Children’s Hospital is the oldest pediatric hospital west of the Mississippi River and the seventh-oldest in the United States.
- St. Louis Children’s Hospital has 264 licensed beds, which includes a 30-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 31-bed heart center, a 70-bed newborn intensive care unit, and a 6-bed pediatric bone marrow transplant unit.
- Each year the hospital receives about 275,000 patient visits.
- St. Louis Children’s Hospital has served patients from all 50 states and more than 80 countries.
St. Louis Children’s Specialty Care Center
Our outpatient Specialty Care Centers are located in West St. Louis County at I-64 and Mason Road and in South St. Louis County near I-55 and Butler Hill Road. The facilities offer specialty services in 20 areas, including allergy/immunology, gastroenterology, pulmonary, cardiology, orthopedics, ear/nose/throat and plastic surgery. The centers also have operating rooms and a procedure suite for outpatient procedures. Safety Stop is located within the Specialty Care Centers where technicians properly fit car seats and bike helmets and offer home safety advice.