To make an appointment, call 314-286-1700.
Washington University psychiatrists focus on the diagnosis and treatment of mental health disorders in adults and children. Our team of psychiatrists and psychologists continue to be leaders in the medical model of psychiatry. Our psychiatrists work collaboratively with other physicians, which leads to advances in clinical care.
Our psychiatrists treat patients with depression, anxiety, behavioral disorders, personality disorders, schizophrenia, delirium, dementia, Tourette syndrome, movement disorders, substance abuse disorders, attention deficit disorder, obsessive compulsive disorders and eating disorders.
In addition to our general adult and child psychiatry clinics, and clinic for employees and families, our clinical specialties include:
- Cancer psychiatry
- Comprehensive psychology
- Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
- Geriatric psychiatry
- Interventional psychiatry
- Neuropsychology (specialized care for patients with neurologic injuries and diseases)
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)
- Treatment-resistant depression
Child and Adolescent Services:
- Anxiety Disorders Clinic
- Autism Clinical Center
- Collaborative Care Clinic
- Early Emotional Developmental Program
- First Contact Assessment Service
- Perinatal Behavioral Health Service
- SYNCHRONY Project
- Trauma Response Program
- Washington Early Recognition Center
We also provide a forensic psychiatry service for legal issues. Our psychiatrists offer scientific and clinical expertise for civil, criminal, correctional and legislative matters.
For more information, visit the Psychiatry Department website.