To schedule an appointment, call 314-286-2080.
Obesity is a chronic illness. In America, 2 out of 3 adults over the age of 20 are reported as overweight or obese. Excess weight is associated with many serious health conditions including diabetes, stroke, sleep apnea, heart disease, osteoarthritis and cancer.
Services we offer:
- Short or long-term assistance with achieving and maintaining weight loss
- Medically supervised weight loss required prior to bariatric surgery
- Weight loss prior to other surgeries such as joint replacement or hernia repair
- Treatment of Binge Eating Disorder
- A comprehensive medical history, physical exam and laboratory testing to evaluate factors contributing to excess weight gain as well as problems caused by excess weight
- Assessment of nutritional needs and recommendations for dietary modifications
- Management of obesity-related comorbidities such as diabetes and hypertension
- Use of medications, when desired and appropriate, to assist with weight loss
- Possible referrals to dietitians or behaviorists (counselors/therapists)
If you have any further questions, please call 314-286-2080.
Weight Management- Evening Program
Medical weight management combines the expertise of physicians, psychologists, registered dietitians and physical therapists to provide a comprehensive approach to the medical management of obesity. The program includes medical monitoring, lifestyle modification, nutrition education and increased physical activity—all guided by weight-loss experts.
If you are interested in the program, please email the program manager.