To make an appointment, call 314-454-2468.
Adolescent patients (patients aged 12-21) require general and specialized care that is tailored to their mental, physical and social development. A team of physicians, nurses and social workers specializing in adolescent medicine offers evaluation and treatment for the following:
- Reproductive healthcare, including menstrual problems, family planning, sexually transmitted diseases, issues of sexual identity, pap tests and cancer screenings
- Issues of weight management, including eating disorders
- Medical problems associated with adolescence including management, coping and compliance issues
- Wellness promotion and preventive services
- Drug, alcohol and tobacco use and prevention
- Personal, family and school problems
The SPOT Youth Center provides free sexual health and behavioral health services to youth ages 13-24 without any restrictions as to their place of residency or insurance status. The sexual health services are available by appointment and include HIV/STI testing, STI treatment, birth control and PEP/PrEP. The behavioral health services also require an appointment and include individual counseling, psychiatry, and community resource and referral assistance (housing, employment/education, public benefits, parenting/pregnancy, legal assistance).
To schedule an appointment, or for more information, call 314-535-0413 (press 0).