To make an appointment at the Center for Outpatient Health, call 314-454-8181.
Washington University Maternal-Fetal Medicine specialists provide expert obstetric services to women with high-risk pregnancy through our Women & Infants Center in St. Louis.
When visiting Washington University’s maternal-fetal medicine specialists, Patients with high-risk pregnancy have access to comprehensive services, including non-stress tests, biophysical fetal assessments, ultrasounds, genetic testing and counseling, nutritional counseling, diabetes education, physical therapy and social work.
Maternal-Fetal Medicine services include management of high-risk pregnancy in women:
- Expecting multiple babies
- Experiencing pre-term labor or those at high risk for pre-term labor (such as women with multiple babies)
- Cervical incompetence (a cervix that opens prematurely under pressure of the growing uterus and fetus)
- With a history of second- and third-trimester pregnancy loss or stillbirth
- With pre-existing medical conditions, including: congenital heart disease, chronic hypertension, kidney disease, auto immune disorders (such as lupus), organ transplants, clotting disorders and Rh-factor blood disease
- With uterine abnormalities
- With fetal anomalies and/or genetic disorders
- With abnormalities of fetal growth
24-hour high-risk pregnancy care
High-risk pregnancy can cause problems for both mother and child, and Washington University’s team of maternal-fetal medicine specialists stand alongside expecting moms throughout their high-risk pregnancy to promote a healthy outcome for both.
Washington University maternal-fetal medicine specialists provide 24-hour on-site care for high-risk pregnancies, and are recognized nationwide for their expertise.
Pregnancy doesn’t always go as planned, but with specialized care from the maternal-fetal medicine specialists at Washington University you can be assured that you are receiving world-class care from experts in the field.
Schedule an appointment today.