Manage your health care online.
If you already have a MyChart account you can log in here.
What is MyChart?
MyChart is a secure online tool that gives patients access to a convenient and free way to manage their personal health care information.
With MyChart, you can:
- Manage your appointments. Request appointments or view details of your past and upcoming appointments.
- Prepare for your visit. Complete forms and questionnaires before your visit.
- Access your test results. View your results and your doctor’s comments within days.
- Communicate with your doctor. Get answers to medical questions without phone tag or unnecessary appointments.
- Pay bills online. Pay copays and bills from home.
- Request prescription refills. Send a refill request for any of your refillable medications.
How do I sign up?
During your office visit: You’ll receive an email containing a link that automatically enrolls you in MyChart. Click the link and follow the instructions to activate and access your MyChart account.
After your office visit: Visit MyPatientChart.org and click Sign Up Now. Enter the MyChart activation code you received by email or from your provider at your visit. Your code expires 90 days from date of issue. Follow the instructions on the screen to activate your account.
Can I get MyChart for my family?
Yes. Proxy access and allows a parent or guardian to log into a child or dependent’s personal MyChart account, and then connect to information regarding that patient. Visit MyChart for more information on Proxy access.
How can I request a copy of my medical records?
As always, your complete health record is available to you upon request. To request a copy of your medical records, visit the Medical Records Request page.
If you did not receive an instant activation email or an activation code at your last office visit, or if you are having trouble setting up your account, call 866-273-1966.