To make appointment, call 314-747-5470.
Washington University Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery specialists are experts in minimally invasive gynecologic options for treating benign (non-cancerous) gynecologic conditions at the Women & Infants Center in St. Louis.
Benefits of minimally invasive gynecologic surgery
Due to recent advances in techniques and training, almost all women who require a hysterectomy or other gynecologic surgery are candidates for a minimally invasive approach. Benefits of minimally invasive surgery such as a laparoscopic hysterectomy include less pain, shorter hospital stay (typically same-day or next-day discharge), faster recovery, less blood loss, lower infection and other complication rates, and smaller (more cosmetic) incisions.
What to expect from your minimally invasive gynecologic surgery visit
During an office consultation visit with Washington University minimally invasive gynecologic surgery specialists, patients are educated about their disease process and counseled regarding options, which often include expectant management (watchful waiting), physical therapy, treatment with medication, minor procedures and minimally invasive surgery.
Services provided by minimally invasive gynecologic surgery specialists include the treatment of:
- Irregular, heavy or postmenopausal bleeding
- Ovarian cysts
- Pelvic pain
- Endometrial polyps
- Abnormal pap smears
Washington University’s minimally invasive gynecologic surgery specialists are experts in performing the following surgeries:
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic myomectomy
- Laparoscopic ovaries cystectomy
- Laparoscopic excision of endometriosis, joint cases with urology and colorectal surgery for Stage IV endometriosis
- Laparoscopic removal of Essure coils
- Hysteroscopic myomectomy and polypectomy
- Laparoscopic sacral-colpopexy
- Hand-assist laparoscopy for very large fibroids, no upper limit on size
- Contained morcellation within a large bag to limit spread of uterine tissue
For minimally invasive gynecologic surgery procedures in St. Louis, turn to a Washington University specialist. Schedule your consultation today.