To make an appointment, call 314-362-7509.
Toll free: 800-437-5430
Offering comprehensive medical and surgical care to adults and children with sinus and allergy conditions. For patients experiencing persistent sinus and allergy symptoms despite medical therapy, surgery might be indicated to correct chronic inflammations or severe conditions. Our sinus doctors and specialists provide access to the latest surgical advancements for the treatment of skull base tumors, and are leaders in minimally-invasive surgery and sinus treatment.
Learn about our sinus treatments and surgeries
The board-certified sinus doctors and surgeons at Washington University in St. Louis provide internationally-recognized sinus treatment services for:
- Acute and chronic sinusitis
- Chronic or severe nosebleeds
- Deviated septum
- Difficulty breathing due to nasal obstruction
- Loss of the sense of smell and taste
- Nasal blockage
- Nasal drainage or discharge
- Persistent cough
- Sinus pressure
Surgery is usually only recommended for patients who experience recurrent or persistent problems despite proper medical treatment. Washington University sinus specialists are trained in the most advanced endoscopic surgical techniques. While using the latest in surgical technology, they treat complex sinus conditions such as:
- Pituitary tumors
- Complex anterior skull base defects
- Cerebrospinal fluid leaks
- Other rare tumors such as chordomas, chondrosarcomas, melanomas and meningiomas
Our patients are thrilled to have a minimally invasive surgical option that does not involve a long recovery time or the adverse side effects and possible limited effectiveness of steroid medications. Minimally-invasive surgical services for sinus conditions include:
- Primary or revision sinus surgery
- Endoscopic pituitary and orbital decompression surgery
- Endoscopic skull base surgery for cancerous and non-cancerous tumors
The Sinus Institute’s experts are committed to your care and sinus treatment. The board-certified physicians—some of whom are advanced fellowship-trained in rhinology, endoscopic sinus surgery and endoscopic skull base surgery—give you the assurance that you will receive exceptional care.